Thursday, December 18, 2008

Around the world in 90 days :)

Am done with term 5 and ISEP. With the sort of random travelling and backpacking which I wouldn't have imagined even in my dreams. Been to places I have always wanted to go, chilled out more than ever before in my life, ate food which I wouldn't call food earlier, budgeted and counted money and lived independent of family, got along with a bunch of people I didn't know earlier, even cooked food which turned out edible. I have a 'been there done that' feeling all over combined with a massive 'chalta hai' attitude which I wouldn't have imagined possible. It will take quite a bit to surprise me now. I feel quite different from the person who came here three months ago, in good and and not so good ways. And I feel like I took a good decision coming here. Would love to do more such trips, in Lonely Planet spirit, touch wood. And am extremely curious to backpack in India and see how it feels. With all the walking, running, directionless roaming, staring, gaping in surprise, bargaining, huffing and puffing, cooking, ticketless travelling, traffic rule breaking, fraxing, sleeping (in trains), penny counting, debating, arbit movie watching, admiring, talking, movie and music discussing, case taking, teasing, taunting and laughing done with, it is finally time to go home. To India and Bombay. To my family and to XL, the place I have started calling home now.
Eurotrip R.I.P.
Just for the record, list of places I have been to, since I may frax on the travelogue writing part:
  1. Germany - Rhine Valley, Berlin, Munich, Triberg - Black Forest region , Cologne, Hamburg
  2. Italy - Rome, Venice, Milan
  3. France - Lyon, Paris, Nice, Cannes, Grenoble, Monaco, Chamonix, Bordeaux, Marseilles
  4. Austria - Salzberg, Vienna and a typical Austrian village
  5. Switzerland - Geneve, Zurich, Montreau, Golden Pass region from Montreau
  6. Hungary - Budapest
  7. Czech Republic - Prague
  8. Spain - Barcelona
  9. Belgium - Brussels, Brugges
  10. The Netherlands - Amsterdam
  11. Sweden - Stockholm
  12. Norway - Oslo, Bengen, Finse
  13. Denmark - Copenhagen
  14. Luxembourg (Fraud to jack up country count :D waise, Monaco can also be counted as a country, u know ;) Not to mention Vatican City :P )

4 comments:

KauMoChan said...

m feeling jealous :(

welcome back!

naween said...

whoa!!

and

wow!!

Rohit Anand said...

oh so polite of you to say, "just for the record"

Sharanya said...

@ kaushal: Yeah, feels good to be back :)

@ naween: thunku :)

@ rohit: heehee :D